|

In the jungle of Borneo

Tags: , ,


Most of Borneo is jungle and mountains, but there are some big and modern cities as well. I arrived one of them today, Kota Kinabalu, largest city in the province of Malaysian Borneo, and surprisingly modern. But why am I here?

My main reason to go Borneo is to climb Mount Kinabalu, a more than 4000 metres high granite peak, the highest in South-East-Asia. But the mountain-hut was full-booked so I have to wait a couple of days (Oct 30) before I can venture into the national park and climb the peak (it's more of a hike).

In the mean time, I have done some sightseeing in Kota Kinabalu. I especially loved the heritage village with all the longhouses.

Photo Album

Posted by gfg on Monday, October 27, 2008. Filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Feel free to leave a response

0 comments for "In the jungle of Borneo"

Leave a reply

Continents

Recently Commented

Recently Added

related posts widget for blogger with thumbnailsblogger templates