|

Incredible Cambodia

Tags: , ,


From beautiful beaches in the south, to sad history of Pol Pot in Phnom Penh, to the wonders of Angkor. Cambodia has much more to offer than most people know about.

It took me a half day of travel from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh. The first day I visited a Museum and Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda, the latter very similar to the palaces in Bangkok. The second day made me very shaken and upset, as I visited the Killing Fields and Teol Sleng Museum. It is difficult to understand the cruelty of Pol Pot and Khmer Rouge.

Photo Album


I had to give up my plan of climbing Mount Aural. No information to obtain about this mountain, and I did not want to waste an unknown number of days in the jungle of Cambodia.

So then I was off to Siem Reap to see the wonders of Angkor. I have been to so many places in the past, still I would rate Angkor Wat as the most impressing monument I've ever seen before. See photos below.

Now I'm heading into Vietnam, and will spend 2 weeks of traveling from south (Saigon) to the very north (Hanoi).

Photo Album

Posted by gfg on Sunday, January 25, 2009. Filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Feel free to leave a response

0 comments for "Incredible Cambodia"

Leave a reply

Continents

Recently Commented

Recently Added

related posts widget for blogger with thumbnailsblogger templates